We built a prototype of our social media platform using your protocol

Hi, my name is Ian and my partner is Paolo and for the past two months we have been working on building a decentralized social media app called PostThread for the Polkadot hackathon. You can check out the app at www.PostThread.app and our project submission here. We would really appreciate it if you could vote on our submission as we think we have a good shot at winning!

We also wanted to thank the team for creating the protocol. We are new to rust so it helped quite a bit to be able to just start building from day one. Hardest part was deploying the parachain on my local computer. We loved the concept Project Liberty came up with and think we share a lot of your values. We came up with many ideas to create an economy that works for the users as you’ll see in our presentation.

Please let me know if you have any questions and how we can help going forward. We would love the opportunity to work with the team as we plan to continue work on PostThread and think that polkadot and the frequency chain are perfect tools for us to build with. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Nice work! Can you share the code?

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah of course, the code is all open sourced and can be found here GitHub - iamianM/PostThread-Polkadot

2 Likes

That’s great! I’m excited to try out the code.

1 Like

We came in first place for our category! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Y E S !!
Congratulations @McIan91 !!

1 Like

Woot! Great job! I had a look through your repo although I didn’t have a chance to try it. It’s a great start :slight_smile:

1 Like

A little :heart: for PostThread on the Polkadot Youtube channel during the winning announcement. So so awesome @McIan91 !

1 Like

Thanks for that! I was watching that live and was super nervous. So glad with how everything turned out. Think you will all like the next interation of the site. We think it is looking very professional.

1 Like